Friday, May 6, 2022

Astonishing pigeon

I was walking back home with hands filled with food shopping bags when a pigeon in our fountain caught my eye. I had never seen a pigeon with such a pattern of feathers. I ran for my camera knowing that I might not be able to find it again. Fortunately grass seeds had just been applied to the lower lawn. That's open invitation to every pigeon on the west side and sure enough the  pigeon was there, stood out in the crowd, easy to spot because of its difference. I never before saw a pigeon with a shaggy breast or collar or even these colors. I watched for a long time. I have seen a show pigeon with long feathered feet, but nothing like this. In studying pigeons on the internet I did notice a Hungarian breed of pigeon with similar long feathers, but also differences. This was a one day pigeon visit.
 



There was also a "black" pigeon that stood out in the crowd, but the picture picked up that it wasn't black.


No comments: