Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Part 2 of Series

The hawk started on the east side of the path, but then flew to the west side of the path into a tree with lots of shoots. It used the shoots as cover for its spying activity, a case of I-see-you-but-you-can't-see-me. Food search time.






The staring is intense, total concentration, fascinating to watch. Birds, rats, squirrels beware. You're on the potential menu.

The next chapter of the hawk's hunt will continue tomorrow.
I headed off to another location to see what was going on. What was going on were bugs and seeds. I've seen termite hatch-outs. Termites are big. This time I saw tiny insects hatching. It seemed very weird since it was so cold, but they were hatching from dead wood, teensy insects, thousands of them, and the only birds showing interest in them were the white-throated sparrows. The cardinal was interested in nuts.

I stood still in one spot. There were sparrows munching all around my feet oblivious to me presence. Very strange.

To be continued......
_________________________________

No comments: