Friday, August 20, 2010

Watching everybody

There's no way to predict what's going to appear before the lens. I love everything. Yesterday's first surprise was the Northern Water Thrush.


In the same space was the female redstart. Bath time.



The real desire was to see a hummingbird. On the way to the jewelweed patch I heard the click-click-click-click-click (rapid) call of the young cardinal. Papa was nearby.

I did see one humming bird at the Azalea Pond, a 1/8 second hummer, there and gone. I had an impression of a second passing by, a bullet in flight. Zip, gone, but at least I did really see the one, a female ruby throat, my nano-second favorite.
Then it got funny. The young cardinals came and stared. So who's watching who?


And while waiting for a hummer this pigeon parked itself at my feet. Pigeons are supposed to strut, walk around. Not this character. I think it knows people have crumbs. It set itself at my shoes and waited. Twenty minutes of watching me.


Next time I'll bring some crumbs.
___________________________________

No comments: