Friday, August 24, 2012

More yellow

There's no way to predict what's going to be seen. Yesterday felt like a slow day. I walked from 69th to 86th stopping at favorite spots, but saw very little.
Orioles at Strawberry Field.
Yellow popcorn squirrel at the Upper Lobe.
After two hours I got tired of roaming and heading back home. That's when the Wagner Cove surprise appeared in my space, a young yellow warbler, low down. Magic.
It flew south and I tried to find it. Instead I found a carp.  Fisherman had fishing license, knew what he was doing, posed for picture for his wife, then unhooked carp and returned it to lake.
I saw one other thing, no pictures, three tiny kids at the Shakespeare Garden, all under 4 years of age, each with cell phones taking pictures of the flowers. I was laughing.  They were a bit mixed up with the technology, but they were loving it.... bugs, flowers, etc.  Young is the time to begin enjoying nature. They also had magnifying glasses.   Brilliant idea.
_________________________________________

No comments: