Monday, November 25, 2013

Nature HMO

On Saturday the Horvaths did a nature session up at Ft. Tryon Park.  Leslie Day, author of book-to-come, and I  went over to see what was going on. We walked by the great cliffs to get to the playground.  There are garnets in the rocks, honest-to-God garnets.
I will be posting images for several days. This is the rescued Eurasian eagle owl. It called before I saw it. It has a mellow, baritone-quality hoot. It was severely hurt and would  not have survived in the wild. This is now educational bird.  If only humans could be treated with such respect, so gently.  If humans need care badly they get ignored.  There were at least 25 little children at this gathering, none over 8 years old, most in the three-to-six range.  They were enthralled.  They'll never forget what they saw, sometimes felt (gently), looked at one-to-one.  The smile hasn't left my face.  The meeting room was not well lit. The beauty of the birds took my breath away. These were shot at ISO 1600.
Best group image I've taken in a while.  Owl is bigger than infant.
________________________________________________

No comments: