Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Pigeon antics

Some mornings are just too funny. I had work to do, but never left the lobby. The pigeons were doing their thing. I could watch through lobby window. Birds see reflection of garden in glass. This is an obvious couple, preening, grooming, then screwing. I watched grey pigeon mate with lighter colored pigeon (underneath). This lasted a while, rear ends to me, not good for pictures. No question about what they were doing. Grey on top, coloful on bottom.
Now it was time to groom each other.
After about 1/2 an hour it was time to mate again, this time grey pigeon on bottom. What?  Who's on first?? Who's the female??
Back to feeding each other.
And once again grey pigeon on bottom. I have no idea which one was female, which one male. Maybe they're both both???? No question. a happy couple.
And while I was watching the pigeons a flicker came right by window, so I was divided trying to watch everything.  More to follow.

No comments: