Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring, for sure

Oh joy, robins. And because the ground is moist... mud!..... the worms are out.


Lunch a la mode.



Eat it! Eat it! (I felt like Michael Jackson.) But....

The robin didn't eat it. I have no idea what makes one worm a delicacy and another worthy of survival. Both worms lived to wiggle another hour.

I knew where the long eared owls are roosting, but I couldn't see any owl. Dense tree. Low light. I walked around and then decided to photograph every bit of bark I could see. I swear I never saw an owl. I saw pine needles and a bit of bark. But the camera saw more than I did. Oh, wow! Just look at that and look at tree bark and owl breast feathers. I didn't see this with my eyes or even through the lens. I saw bark pattern, nothing else. Amazing.


_____________________________________

No comments: