Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The OhMyGod bird

There was plenty worth seeing yesterday both ordinary and special, but it was the final subject that really blew my mind. At the Oven. My eyes saw another "tree". Before I could sort out what I was seeing it took flight. I'm pretty sure this was a great blue heron. It and Central Park South made the vision spooky. It felt as if I was photographing a prehistoric creature. Total surprise. Awesome. I'm never good at flight pictures. I'm standing there spewing, "OhMyGod! OhMyGod!" trying to capture this wonder. There was another birder nearby standing mouth open in wonder. When the bird had vanished around the corner we just looked at each other with big grins on our faces.




















Also saw hawks and waxwings, still being edited.

_____________________________________________

No comments: