Friday, September 14, 2012

A short post

This is a short posting, images shot on Tuesday.
As some of you may have heard I was brutally attacked in the park on the Nature Path of Strawberry Fields. The attacker is a monster predator who should never have been on the streets. He has been captured. The detectives have been wonderful. The Roosevelt Hospital Staff is totally professional.
 
  Nobody is going to take my love of nature away. Nobody is going to stop me from birding.  I've been deeply moved by the good wishes from everyone. The bruises and broken bones will heal.  I am hugely thankful to still be alive and to have working eyes and brain. I could have been killed.
 
I'm sorry I'll be  missing seeing some hummers, but their beauty is etched in my mind's eye and I still have loads of images to post.  Image this energy-saving step.  Sit on leaf and sip.
Sit on  leaf and sip underneath
Pussy footing green heron at Azalea Pond
 
Oh,, that jewelweed..... blossoms for hummers, seeds for grosbeaks.


My love and thanks to everyone. This blog will continue!!
_____________________________________

5 comments:

Lou S. said...

God bless you. Your courage is admirable. Your strength may have saved the lives of many.

Margaret Duffy said...

I've been following your blog for several years and am devastated to learn that you were the victim. May you have speedy healing of body and memory. Thank you for these years of wonderful photos.

RebeccaNYC said...

When I heard the news, I was sure it was you....oh goodness, you are strong! So glad to know you are on the mend, sending you much love...

Susan Spector said...

This post confirmed my worst suspicions.

I am just dumbstruck and angry by what happened to you.

But as I read through the posts that have followed this one, I see a strong, resilient, positive person. I see someone focusing on the things that COULD have happened and did NOT. I see a person strong in resolve if not exactly as strong in body...for right now.

Please keep your strength and know that there are many, many of us thinking of you, praying for you, and continually inspired by your work, especially now knowing what you have been through.

Rebecca Donohue said...

Beth, I was in NYC that day and had heard about the attack. We had just taken a birding tour earlier that month with Deb (of Deb and Bob) with our small children, who adore birds. Deb pointed me to your blog and I'm so amazed by the beauty of what you do and your love of birds and the world that they live in. Your strength and courage is amazing. We can all learn something from you. Hope that you are feeling better and thank you for making this world a better place. Our best, The Donohues

P.S. Our 6 year old loves your photos. He said that he could look at them all day, even although we now own a cockatiel!