Sunday, September 22, 2013

Nick Wagerik

I met Nick in the park at Turtle Pond.He was watching dragonflies and I didn't know what I was watching. Over the years he was very generous in sharing his encyclopedic knowledge.  It's been reported that Nick was found dead in Battery Park.  I hope he was seeing great butterflies. 
Nick was a member of the Metropolitan Opera usher staff.  On April 15, 2010 he was a recipient of  Service Award for his long service, an honor presented by Met General Manager, Peter Gelb.  April.   I'm sure Nick would have preferred being in the park.  It was a partially rainy day, so this wasn't a total conflict.
Nick with his friends, the Smith family- David, James, Aidan and Paula
My heart is heavy.  Nick was a gem.
______________________________________

No comments: