Friday, October 16, 2020

The creeper and the kinglet

When birding you have to keep your eyes on the little birds that flit around, because if you turn away you lose the bird. They flit off in a flash. I was looking for a field sparrow when something flew past my face. Oh my goodness, a brown creeper. I've never before seen one in our garden and never photographed one with my favorite big lens. Time for fun, but before I could get a good angle something else flew past my face, my favorite kinglet who's been hanging around for a week. Kinglet on the ground. Oh joy! Easy shooting, but what to watch- kinglet or creeper.  I took a few shots of the kinglet then returned to the creeper as the rarer of the two. It explored several trees probing in holes and crevices. In the last image it pulled something out of a hole.  Maybe some kind of larva. I don't know. It was around all day. I saw a sparrow face off with the creeper. Sparrow won.  Territorial battle.















 

No comments: