Saturday, August 30, 2008

It's about time!







I went wandering in the park hoping to see a warbler or two. No luck, but I did meet a juvenile cardinal gobbling down berries, funny little purple-face, like a kid in the jam pot. Around the corner there was a juvenile starling, feathers changing from drab brown into adult spots.

I was tired, so decided to head back here when a flit caught my eye. Finally! I've waited my whole life to really see a humming bird. I did see it at a blossom, but wasn't quick enough with the camera. It was as if it was playing a game with me, "see me?, now you don't". But for the first time I really, really saw a hummingbird and could watch it preen. It was like trying to photograph the Golden Snitch.
_________________________________________________________

No comments: