Sunday, February 27, 2011

Furry observations

It was a quiet day in the park, all the usual winter birds, nothing exceptional, a good day for observing behavior. I've seen this before, a squirrel with possible neurological problems. It had "the tilts", couldn't stand up straight. It could run fine and dig for food fine, but when it came to standing on rump to eat, TILT.


Most squirrels will find food and carry it off to eat.

Not this character. I don't know if squirrel was watching reflection in lens glass or just making sure I would not go away. I had nuts in my fanny pack, but how the squirrel sensed this is beyond me. Maybe the nose knew.

Who's doing the watching?


Finally I backed off a couple of steps or this character could have investigated right into the lens.

_________________________________________

No comments: