Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wish granted




On the first day of every month I make a wish. This morning it was a wish to see special birds. Rain was predicted for today and it didn't rain. Off to the park. I've seen robins eating berries before, so that didn't rate as something new, but the illusive Nashville warbler was a first for me as was the winter wren. The warblers are working the dense bushes going after bugs. You're lucky if you see enough to ID a little bird. I was lucky to be with an experienced birder who recognized the tiny, flitting Nashville. I know wrens, but had never before seen a winter wren. The bugs were so plentiful in this one spot that it didn't fly away. Great photo op. The trick is to bring home the pictures and not the bugs.
_____________________________________

No comments: