Monday, December 6, 2010

A chat

Cold Sunday! No way to know what would be seen. 69th street is changing. Halloween finished. Something else coming.

Normally at 69th street I see sparrows, cardinals and blue jays. This time they were all hidden in the bushes, but no sight of a hawk. Probably keeping warm in the brush. Instead I saw Santa Claus on a bike. Was this going to be a weird day???

Great day!! A first for me, a chat......... not the talking kind. This is a real bird in the warbler family, small, a yellow-breasted chat. No chance of getting closer, but now that I've met this bird I can try other angles next time. If there is a next time.



It was eating seed bits on the ground.



After that it was back to the cold-weather "regulars" until I froze and headed home for some hot soup.


___________________________________________

No comments: