Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wednesday assortment

There will be more hawk images posted tomorrow. For the first hour this child was low in a tree watching potential meals on all levels. Perched, child still looks so young.



















At this point hawk flew into the Rambles to stalk squirrels.

Weirdest squirrel I've seen in a while.

The Upper Lobe is overgrown, jungle style. There was a tourist blowing on a whistle toy that sounded like a gargling bird. For someone who birds partially by sound it was totally confusing. I found one spot that had a good overview of this jungle and waited. Holy moley, something yellow. Warbler flitting. Click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click. I wasn't sure what I was seeing, but once images were in computer I knew it was a blue-winged warbler. Sweet!







Prowl pictures in next posting.

___________________________________

No comments: