Friday, October 22, 2010

More kinglets, naturally

My path into the park is always convoluted. I was in the bushes at Strawberry Field trying to avoid a sleeping body hidden from view (definitely alive) when there was a movement and out popped a wood thrush to check me out. Neat.

All the birds are gorging on berries. This is Rudolph, the Red Nosed Hermit.

Mmmm, good.

Just like the young robin this past spring, Hermit thrush got a berry with stem attached, swallowed it, brought it back up, swallowed it again, brought it back up again, tried to shake stem off, swallowed, ejected, swallowed, ejected... then flew off, so I don't know the final chapter. A repeater berry on the stem.

Here we go. Kinglets. I do adore the ruby crowns.




Stay bird! Stay, please! Oh..........



More kinglets to come.
_______________________________

No comments: