Saturday, July 11, 2009

W and W














A lot of birding is waiting and watching. A lot of learning to hunt is waiting and watching. The hawks notice everything. There's action all around them. As I was watching the watcher there was a THRUMPH over my head. Very small squirrel had flopped down onto the leaves over my head within touching distance and was collecting twigs, biting them off and running them to a potential nest site. There is a squirrel nest nearby. The hawks have explored it and sat on it. Very funny to watch. (They didn't snatch anything. It may be vacated. ) I don't know the reproductive cycle of the squirrel, but this was a very small squirrel obviously collecting nesting materials. I hope it survives to do what it's planning to do. It's in prime hunting grounds.
________________________________

No comments: