Friday, May 21, 2010

30 minutes in the p.m.

6:30pm is not really the time of day to be birding. The quality of light has changed and the birds have moved into rest mode. Tramping around was good exercise, but there really wasn't much to see. Wrong time of day.


Until I saw the robin by side of road. Pecking. I wasn't sure what was going on, because light was really bad. (You can't tell from images, because the digital tool can capture just about anything.) Peck, peck, peck with robin getting closer to me. I didn't move and robin didn't care that I was there. That's when I figured that I was standing in the "worm patch". It wasn't obvious at first, but it was by the time robin flew off. Baby feeding time. Protein for the nestlings.









Even the late bird gets the worm.
_____________________________________

No comments: