Sunday, May 2, 2010

Warblers May 1, 2010

I'll start with birds that were new to me, never before seen, at least not to the best of my knowledge. The trees were hopping with tiny birds, lots of songs, lots of excitement.
This first is a blue headed vireo, not a warbler, but a new bird and belongs in this posting.


I've wanted to see this bird for a while, the worm-eating warbler.



Another new treasure- the Nashville warbler.


Now for the warblers I've seen before and adore. First, the black-throated green warbler.


The northern parula.



The black and white warbler


The yellow rump.

The common yellow throat, male. One of my favorite birds.


There are many more images to be posted. The whole take was critically edited so as not to swamp the viewer.
__________________________________

No comments: