Monday, May 17, 2010

90 minute stroll

I had only 90 minutes to spend in the park. The plan was to follow my nose. Maybe I'd see something, maybe not. It was a wonderful 90 minutes, enough happiness to last 48 hours.

The lovely black throated blue, male.


New for me photographically, the red-eyed vireo. And I got to watch the bird sing.


Heard before seen, wonderful singing, the oriole.



A snack.

It took a bit for me to figure out who I was watching flit in the bushes, the Nashville warbler!




The folliage is much denser in the park than it was two weeks ago. There are angles of viewing that no longer exist. There are also trees that have vanished, cut down. Some changes are for the better, some not so. The whole area at the south end of the 72nd street lake is now fenced off for restoration. Stupid!! People come to sit and relax at this time of year. This is not the time of year to plan on locking the area down. No lawn. No lakeside benches. No stairless path down to lakeside. No access for people with strollers or wheelchairs. Totally dumb.
_________________________________

No comments: