Sunday, May 30, 2010

Next phase

The robin flew in for a drink of water, but never closed its mouth. That's when I noticed the "tumor" by its beak. I don't know if this is a common malady, but it didn't look good. I suspect this robin might not survive long.


Out on the Point there's a robin nest up high. At least two babies, maybe three. Great location,.. high, protected, near lots of food. The parent is removing a fecal sack. Ate it. Terrible angle for getting pictures, but for the robin family it's a matter of safety first.

I wasn't sure what I was seeing in split seconds. Warbler for sure, but not sure which one.

Same for this flitter, a warbler, but which one?

The female black and white warbler.

There was a great amount of activity in the lopsided tree. Mulberries! It's too soon! Mulberries come into season at the end of June and beginning of July. Everyone was having a go at the sweet berries- starlings, robins, grackles and the cedar waxwings.





At least there are a couple of mulberry bushes where I can get my hands on the berries too. The birds can have the top fruit. I'll pluck the bottom berries.
__________________________________

No comments: