Sunday, June 7, 2009

Afternoon behavior









It's impossible not to project human emotions while watching the hawk family. I've seen the mother preen her babies. I've seen the babies return this favor. I know the babies recognize their siblings. Just look at the facial expressions. Their eyes are exquisite. But these are hawks, wild creatures and feeding time demonstrates that. The afternoon food delivery was a starling. Bits got passed around and then the baby to the right grabbed half the bird and got it all down, feathers, bones, meat,... "I can't believe I ate the whole thing". Remember that commercial? There is a pattern to the behavior......... wak eup, stretch, preen, eat, take a nap, repeat same.
Click on any picture to enlarge, "back" key to return to smaller image.
______________________________

No comments: