Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday morning hawks








Nothing could have prepared me for the startling growth of the babies. Yes, they're babies, but they have the beginnings of the adult grandeur and strength. Meal time is a riot. They're ravenous. There's always one baby who ends up eating have the kill. How it fits in one mouth and goes down is beyond me. The a.m. meal was a pigeon. I'm including one image showing why it is unwise to stand under a hawks' nest unless you want splat on the head. I'll blog the afternoon images tomorrow.

If you click on an image it will enlarge. To return to the small image use the "back" key. I only learned that trick yesterday. Almost a whole year of blogging and I never knew that. As a
result I'll prep images at a higher resolution so that they look nice enlarged.
____________________________________

No comments: