Friday, November 6, 2009

Admittedly obssessed















I don't know how much longer the bluebirds will be in town. I ask your indulgence. I know it's a lot of pictures, but I can't help it. The day began in blue, a bluejay hunting for bugs in tree knot-holes. I took the blue blast as a good omen.

There's a "search-pattern". The bluebird flies into a space, perches on a limb, scans the ground, and then swoops down to the potential food morsel. Sometimes it's as fast as a phoebe snatch. Sometimes several seconds are spent on the ground. Then it's back to the same branch. When one space is exhausted the bluebird moves to another space and the hunt-for-food is repeated. Aside from being analytical the thrill is seeing this sweet bird. I didn't have much time yesterday and saw only one, and because I was alone I could keep whispering, "I love you. You're so beautiful. I love you."
________________________

No comments: