Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

I did a double-take when I saw this. It was a set-up for a school Easter egg hunt party.

As long as I was watching the ground it was a pleasant bonus to find the male towhee.


Finally- a good encounter with a black-and-white warbler. This only happens about once a year, a real photo op.












The palm warbler






The northern parula, hard angle, will get better shots later.




Another in-my-face robin. I didn't back off.





And this one, surprise of surprises, knows how to eat peanuts, grabs a half and crunches the edges into bits. Very strange robin behavior.




Cardinal crunched up all the peanut halves, all of them. Most likely food for babies.


Awful location for nest, right by side of path. I don't think this is a survival situation. Too close to human traffic. Cardinals made an unwise choice.


__________________________________________________

No comments: