Saturday, April 9, 2011

Should have...

Sometimes I see something and don't realize it's important. I saw this sparrow at Wagner Cover on the late afternoon of the 6th. First there was movement in the leaves. Then I could see the sparrow and my immediate thought was that this was such a pretty, sweet sparrow, but I couldn't figure out which sparrow it was. "Sweet sparrow" is not in the bird guide. I got sorted out at home, pink beak = field sparrow, mentioned it to a birder today who explained that this is important, that this bird is here early, so I'm posting the field sparrow now. All birds are beautiful, but this bird is adorable.

Now I'll get to today's edit, oodles of pictures, Pale Male eating pigeon, lots of worming robins. Funny, revolting pictures to come.

_____________________________________

No comments: