Sunday, October 25, 2009

A first and a first








Each year camera manufacturers introduce new equipment. Since I am a professional and must keep up with technology I invested in one new body. Yesterday was a rainy day, so I stayed in and played with all the controls. (Digital cameras are like computers with lenses.) I did experiments and based on what I did and saw I was not happy. I started thinking about returning the new body. However, a fairer test is taking a new body birding. Today was a gorgeous day, good for experimenting.

The camera is a keeper. It behaved brilliantly, let me be in control, grabbed everything necessary, super color, excellent images even in very low light.

The highlight of the day was seeing my first bluebird ever. I couldn't get closer, but will post several images. Prior to today I had only seen bluebirds in bird books. New camera, new bird, total happiness. It doesn't get any better than this.
__________________________

No comments: