Thursday, October 8, 2009

Lots of activity












The plan was to hit four potentially active spots, but I never left Strawberry Field because there was so much to see. There were bugs and often when there are bugs there will be the small birds. It's the first time I saw a kinglet with a catch. I'm not sure what was in its mouth, but it was big. The common yellow throat, myrtle, magnolia and palm warblers were very cooperative. The palm warbler walked the lawn sometimes very close to my feet. There were lots of phoebes going after the bugs. And I was especially happy to see the sapsucker, live as opposed to the dead one I saw Tuesday morning. Also seen- the black-throated green warbler and the black-throated blue. Strong images were posted previously.
________________________________

No comments: