Saturday, October 3, 2009

More from Thursday
















I'm still smiling. The fun in birding is seeing a friend and recognizing that friend. I had thought this was my first view of a blackpoll, but on checking my data base, last October was the first time. I recognized the others easily- the common yellow throat who was having a fine time finding bugs up and under, the yellow-bellied sapsucker off in the distance, the redbelly woodpecker and the trusting house sparrow. One of these days I'll see the raccoon awake. And the sweet cardinal dining on berries, who wasn't going to stop eating just because I was watching. The cardinal works the berry around in its mouth and ends up looking like a kid who's been in the jam jar. The robins and catbirds swallow the berries down whole. I love the patience of mush-face.
_________________________

No comments: