Thursday, October 22, 2009

Total joy













Imagine walking along a path and coming upon a grassy area covered with kinglets, tiny kinglets so busy hunting bugs that they didn't have a single care about human observers. As it so happened I was the only human enthralled. People walked by without noticing the magic. Not one person asked what I was photographing. How could they be so brain dead?! I decided to aim for red-flasher images. It was a perfect opportunity, .... kinglets in grass, me above them. They were foraging in the grass on both sides of the path, a swarm of bug-eaters. The grass had been freshly cut which probably helped expose the bugs. The kinglets are so tiny that they can stand on a blade of grass. Sometimes they stumble over the grass blades. This experience will stay in my heart forever. Did I get enough pictures?? There's no such thing as too many kinglet pictures.
________________________________________

No comments: