Sunday, October 11, 2009

Still migrating
















There are migrating birds still to be seen. Patience needed. One hundred robins and then in flies something special. Five hundred grackles, and then something else flies in. It's all about waiting and watching. Robin, robin, robin, robin, robin.... and then the hermit thrush. A bathing thrush is a beautiful thing to see. I've also seen a very strange robin, but want to try and get more pictures before posting images. I think it ate something as a baby and whatever that was made it a mutant. It was thrilling to see the redstart ("yellowstart") and the kinglet. I'm trying to learn the different sparrows. The little song sparrow was really curious and I appreciated the study opportunity. I expect more goodies today.
___________________________________

No comments: