Thursday, October 8, 2009

A special "gift"












On Monday I posted the yellowbelly sapsucker found dead on the sidewalk. Very sad. Since then I've seen lots of sapsuckers in the park. Today was a first for me, took my breath away. I saw the sapsucker on the side of the tree. In a split second it flew down to a log on the ground at the water. It never dawned on me that a woodpecker would come down to drink let alone bathe. This was one of the most astonishing things I've ever seen. The sapsucker was very cautious, looked in every direction before moving down to the water. I held my breath and kept clicking. The camera didn't seem to concern the bird. The water must have felt very good. There was lots of activity, lots of images to edit. I wanted to post this right away. Yellowbelly sapsucker bathing, astonishing.
__________________________

No comments: