Monday, October 10, 2011

Fun in the grass

For a while it looked as if all I was going to see was this little squirrel. There was nothing, no movement, no birds.
Finally, one photographable subject, the magnolia warbler.



After ambling around for two hours I decided to call it quits. I'd seen some birds high in trees, but no subjects close up. Final stop before leaving park, Cherry Hill. And that's when I hit the "mother load". First the beautifully hidden creeper in plain view.


Then the yellow rump, so nice to have a bird with a "name tag".



A palm warbler. There were gnats on the ground, so the warblers were ground-feeding.

And finally, one of my favorites, the male black-throated blue warbler also gorging on the ground.













________________________________________________________

No comments: