Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cool Saturday

After having spent a stressful Friday shooting non-nature it was a pleasure to get into the park , especially on a cool day for a change. What better way to start than with worming. The whole process happens so fast, that all you can do is bang off pictures fast and hope to get the worm, because most often it's down-the-hatch in a 1/3 of a second.



There was noise above my head, and no way to get a different angle. The house sparrows were mating. The male "boinged" her nine times. He'd do "it", move aside, return and do it again. And again, and again and again...... I counted. When the work was complete he flew to another tree.


Over at Turtle Pond, a couple of very active palm warblers including one who was shagging bugs off the wall of the castle and then singing in a nearby tree.




The tiny ruby-crowned kinglet was also in this area flitting about near the edge of the pond. My fingers were crossed that it would come closer. It did. Gave me the once-over as if to say, "you'd better get my picture now, because I'm a one-opportunity bird."





One all around beautiful day.
______________________________________

No comments: