Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Brilliant Tuesday

One only had to listen to know that this was going to be a good day. Bird songs everywhere. And I knew it would be a good day, because there were common yellow throat warblers right outside our front door.





The female common yellow throat.


There were groups of scarlet tanagers in the Rambles and further uptown. Brilliant.








Follow the song, try for pictures, difficult. The black-throated blue warbler. Mr. Flit-Around.






The call caught my attention. It was a very hard clicking sound, new to my ears, perhaps some kind of warning call. The wood thrush.


New for me, the Cape May warbler way up high in the trees. Hard to see. Special bird. Birders going nuts.




There are more images to post. Tomorrow. I've tried to do a tight edit, not more than four of each bird. That's very hard when a photographer comes home with more than 1000 images.

______________________________________

No comments: