Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Not to be ignored

In the excitement of the warbler hunt I don't want to miss the other park treasures.
Finch.... tip toe through the dandies.

a vireo... I think..... I'm not an expert identifier of the vireos. It was singing beautifully.


Catbird going for seeds in plant.

Out-in-the-open male towhee. This was a surprise. Atypical behavior. Usually hidden in brush.


This sparrow is eating the seeds in the blossoms.


A sparrow had the paper for nesting material. Starling mugged sparrow and stole paper for its nest.

At first I couldn't sort out what these pigeons were up to. Snuggling? No. Eating! Seed opportunity.


A sure sign of nest-to-be. Building material and mud-chest from shaping nest bowl.


More nest material collecting. I think anything goes.




By Sparrow Rock, pleasant surprise, a nice flock of chipping sparrows.




An even bigger surprise, a couple of field sparrows.




_________________________________________

No comments: